Skip to main content

The Old Pubs of North Adelaide

North Adelaide Hotel, Tynte Street, North Adelaide, c1995


Photo taken 01 January 1995

State Library Catalogue Reference: B 70869/18638

Messenger Press, photographer

Established in 1850 as the Commercial Hotel and became the North Adelaide Hotel from 1959 until the late 1990s. Renamed the Daniel O'Connell Hotel, it was given an Irish theme. In 2016 it reverted to the North Adelaide Hotel, and back to the Daniel O'Connell name in 2017. It is now closed. The building survives.

Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.