Skip to main content

The Old Pubs of North Adelaide

Lord Melbourne Hotel, Melbourne Street, North Adelaide, 1977


Photo taken 01 January 1977

State Library Catalogue Reference: B 34400

State Library of South Australia, photographer

The hotel is at left of the photograph, next to the RAA building.

Originally on the opposite (northern) side of Melbourne Street to its present location, the Lord Melbourne Inn was established in 1851. Changing to the Lord Melbourne Hotel, it moved to the southern side in 1869.

This building dates from the 1970s.

Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.