Skip to main content

Old Buildings of Adelaide

Adelaide Railway Station, North Terrace, ca1878


State Library Catalogue Reference: B 9193

Photographer: Samuel White Sweet.

The first station was built in 1856 and in 1878 a nicely detailed second storey was added to the original station entailing alterations to the original portico. In 1925 the entire station was demolished as it was too small to house all the Railway administrative staff who were scattered around the city.

Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia