Skip to main content

Lost pubs of Adelaide

Criterion Hotel, 137 King William Street, 1918

Photo taken 01 January 1918

State Library Catalogue Reference: PRG 280/1/15/578

A military guard of honour standing outside the Criterion Hotel opposite the Town Hall in King William Street, Adelaide. The hotel was established as the Family Hotel in 1857 and changed its name in 1864 but the building underwent many changes before it was demolished in 2010. A popular watering hole with journalists from the nearby Advertiser building.

Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.