Skip to main content

The Old Pubs of North Adelaide

Scotch Thistle Hotel, North Adelaide, c1901

Photo taken 01 January 1901

State Library Catalogue Reference: B 70494/1

On the south-east corner of Kermode Street and John Street (now King William Road) in North Adelaide.

Established originally on the north side of Kermode Street in 1850, the license was moved to the present location in 1881. Changed name to the Cathedral Hotel in 1925 and continues to trade under that name. Geoffrey Martin held the license from 1901-1907.

Photo taken from tower of St Peter's Cathedral. Other buildings of note are the Adelaide Children's Hospital, and Brougham Place Congregational Church behind that

Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.