Skip to main content

The Old Pubs of North Adelaide

North Adelaide Hotel, Tynte Street, North Adelaide, 1971


Photo taken 22 January 1971

State Library Catalogue Reference: B 22068

State Library of South Australia, photographer

Established in 1850 as the Commercial Hotel and became the North Adelaide Hotel from 1959 until the late 1990s. This building dates from 1881. Ron and Helen Thomas were licensees from 1964 to 1976. Renamed the Daniel O'Connell Hotel, it was given an Irish theme. In 2016 it reverted to the North Adelaide Hotel, and back to the Daniel O'Connell name in 2017. It is now closed. The building survives.

Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.