Skip to main content

The Old Pubs of North Adelaide

Archer Hotel, O'Connell Street, North Adelaide, 2007


Photo taken 17 July 2007

State Library Catalogue Reference: B 70506

Jenny Scott, photographer

Formerly the Hunstman Hotel and sometimes known as the Huntsman's Hotel. Established in 1849 and traded until 1960 when the licence was transferred to the Hotel Australia. This building, which dates from 1882, had a number of uses after 1960, including the Lutheran Church Library, until it opened as the Archer Hotel in 2003. The Archer went into administration in October 2018.

Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.