Skip to main content

Old Buildings of Adelaide

41-49 Currie Street, Adelaide, c.1910


State Library Catalogue Reference: B 2986

Photographer: Ernest Gall

Currie Chambers, with its decorative parapet mouldings and large arched doorway, at this time had 15 tenants including Mrs Wood teacher of dancing, Matthews & Co. auctioneers, Remington College, and over the archway Frank Woodcock Licensed Carriage Bazaar. Earlier, it was used by the Adelaide Steamship Company.

Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia