Skip to main content

Lost pubs of Adelaide

Angel Inn, Gouger Street, 1927

Photo taken 01 January 1927

State Library Catalogue Reference: B 4052

On the corner of Gouger Street and Bailey Street. First licensed as the Angel Inn in 1839. Known as the Auld Inn from November 1928 to March 1929 when it reverted to its former name. Became the Hotel Gouger from 1947 to 1974, Hotel Fantasia 1974 to 1982, Gouger Hotel 1984 to 1987 and finally the Directors Hotel until it closed. The building survives and is now operated as a restaurant.
Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.