Skip to main content

Lost pubs of Adelaide

Adelaide Hotel, Hindley Street, 1908

Photo taken 01 January 1908

State Library Catalogue Reference: B 8980

155 Hindley Street. Established in 1839 as the Tasmanian Hotel, then alternated between the names Prince Albert Hotel and Adelaide Hotel. Ceased trading in 1921. The building housed Cartoons nightclub in the 1990s.

The building was demolished in early 2017.

Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.